To all Guests
Caravan Owners-Seasonal Pitch Holders - Regular and New Guests
We have carried out a Covid-19 risk assessment and have instigated procedures and preventative measures to reduce the risk to the lowest level reasonably practicable. However, you must recognise that the risk of Covid-19 cannot be completely eliminated.
Please see below covid information and inventory for further updates and pool facilities.
You are responsible for playing your part in reducing the risk of Covid-19 to yourself, your fellow guests, our staff and the general population. You should do this by following the latest government guidelines paying particular attention to those on self-isolating when necessary, cleanliness and social distancing. See https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus for current advice.
We want you to have a happy and safe holiday here at Newlands. We understand that you do not want to be bombarded with lists of “do’s and don’ts” and “rules”. But we are required to remind you of general government guidance and some specific risk prevention requirements here at Newlands. You will find full details in the leaflet/details below along with the inventory for accommodation.
Please make sure you are aware of our latest arrival instructions and provide us with your car registration prior to arrival.
The shop will be open. We are doing a bar service and food service (see times/days on arrival) eat indoors, outdoors or takeaway. You will need your booking number on you at all times. You will need to sign in when entering the complex. The outdoor play parks will be open. We do not envisage having live entertainment/activities, soft play or our arcade room open this year. The outdoor pool opened on 18th July and we hope to open the indoor on 25th July. We will operate bookable slots pre bookable 24 hours in advanced via the phone or on the day if space. You will need to come beach ready and leave wrapped in your towel.
One car per family only during this pandemic.
We are accepting card payments only throughout the Park.
So, all that remains to say is “you’ve arrived, so now relax and have a great Newlands holiday” – you deserve it!
Rex, Jackie and all the Newlands Team
Guest Information regarding Covid-19
You are responsible for your own safety; the use of the Park & facilities is at your own risk
As we are sure you are aware of the country’s situation, help us do our part. Please be assured we have taken all necessary steps to ensure your safety whilst staying with us. Please see below.
- Do not travel to us if you or any member of your household has any Covid-19 symptoms. If you fall ill with suspected Covid-19 whilst with us, ring 111 first. On their advice please notify us as soon as possible, if out of hours ring our emergency Covid-19 line 07538001033. If advised to do so you must self-isolate and return home immediately if safe to do so.
- The main reception is being operated remotely. Please ring or email for information, questions and advice.
- There will be a check-in point in the car park.
- You will need your booking number on you at all times. You will need to sign when entering the complex.
- We are only accepting Card payments throughout Newlands.
- Arrival times for hire accommodation and touring/camping bookings will be restricted. Check our website for any updates on these times.
- Touring 11:30am-6pm, Lodges and rooms 4pm -6pm, Caravans and apartments 5pm-6pm
- Please maintain 2m social distancing and queuing systems where in place.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied in the shop, complex, toilet blocks and playparks.
- Once inside your accommodation you will not be able to change units. We have reduced the inventory inside our hired accommodation - you may wish to bring extra items.
- If you have a maintenance or housekeeping issue report it immediately. You will be asked to vacate your unit while we attend to any problems.
- Keep within your pitch and do not cross into others.
- We are operating a ”one car per family” only.
- All waste is to be put in the bins. Hand sanitizer points will be available at all waste stations.
- Be mindful that some guests, staff and our local community will be experiencing different levels of anxiety.
- No personal deliveries of post, parcels and groceries.
- Government restrictions still apply while on site regarding numbers and mixing of people. See https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest information.
- You are encouraged to use your own onboard facilities.
- Toilet blocks will have 2 deep cleans daily. Whilst one is closed, please use the other block.
- Touch points are regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- Please leave the facilities how you would wish to fine them. Report any issues.
- No unaccompanied children aged 12 and under.
- Please leave all windows open, weather permitting.
- Dispose of waste at the refuse points.
- Leave the unit key in the key drop at the check in point in the car park, or as directed.
- We are unable to keep lost property. Please check you have left nothing behind.
From all of us at Newlands, we are glad to see you back
Along with our new cleaning regimes we have pared down the equipment provided in our hire unit. This is for health and safety measures. Please take a look at the equipment list and if there’s something you need, we recommend you bring it with you. I trust you understand and agree with our decision to keep things as simple as possible during these unprecedented times.
1 pillow and pillowcase per person
1 duvet and cover per person
Please let us know if you are bringing your own bedding and we can remove ours from your unit for your comfort otherwise your beds will be made up.
You will need to bring your own towels and tea towels
Dinner plate- per person
Small plate - per
Cereal bowl per person
Mug per person
Glass per person
Wine glass per person
Knife fork & spoon per person
Tea Spoon per person
1 Frying pan
1 Meat dish
Broom or hoover
Dustpan and Brush
Small Waste bin
Full cooker in caravans/lodges/poolside
Motel rooms have microwave mini fridge kettle cork screw tea spoon mug and glass per person.
SWIMMING POOLS 2020
Outdoor Opening Saturday 18th July
Indoor All Being Well Opening Saturday 25th July
- Swim sessions will be bookable up to 24 hours in advance. Maximum of 1 session per day per person.
- Each session will be for 45 minutes, starting on the ½ hour and end 15 minutes past the hour.
- Entrance via outdoor pool only.
- Leave directly after your swim as no changing room facilities available.
- No toys or inflatables – only swimming aids.
- Children 15 years and under, or weak swimmers, must be accompanied by a competent adult.
- Ratio 1 adult to 3 children.
- Please respect the lifeguards, especially through these challenging times.
- Unruly behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in you being asked to leave.
Please note: New changing robes on sale in Spar shop.
Thank you for your continued cooperation.
To all Guests
Caravan owners – Seasonal Pitches – Regular Guests and New Guests
The moment we’ve been waiting for the Government says YES!!!!! We can open on the 4th July.
We are taking bookings online in all our accommodation and touring/camping units so don’t delay.
Our toilet and shower facilities will be open. Our shop with off License will be open. Our outdoor play park will be open. We will provide a Bar Service.
We hope to be able to provide a food service – more details to follow.
Our leisure facilities including Swimming Pools and soft Play are still closed by order of Government. There will be no entertainment this season and we do not envisage the soft play or arcade will re open.
More details to follow soon we hope.
Please book online or email us any questions you have.
Look forward to welcoming you all back on the 4th July.
We will be following all Government guidelines . Please see our reduced revised inventory in all hired accommodation . There may be items you want to bring with you which have in the past been supplied.
We will be adjusting your Arrival and departure times further update to follow tomorrow.
Rex Jackie Family and Team
The New Normal at Newlands
We are very much hoping the Government will announce very soon that we can open on the 4th July.
It may not be quite as it was before, but this will be the new normal for now. We will have social distancing measures in place and follow Government guidelines. We are implementing rigorous cleaning regimes which may mean adjusted check in and out times. It may mean reduced hours or waiting a little longer to access facilities or buy your fresh bread or freshly baked croissant.
We are unsure what facilities will be open except our Spar Mini Market with off license. If we are allowed to open the swimming pools, it maybe you have to book a slot for the swimming pool and come beach ready for your swim and leave wrapped in your towel. It maybe that our reception has to operate remotely. It maybe The Tow Bar will be on a takeaway service or pre order and collect - oh how Steve would miss pulling those pints while listening to your day’s events. It maybe an outside bar but how fab is that in the summer. We may have a little rain but there are still lovely views fantastic walks or drives and great places to explore.
It maybe we cannot have entertainment or open the complex. Steve’s weekly quiz maybe online? We may limit the number of Touring units we take. We may limit the number of holiday homes we hire out.
What we do know is we will be here happy to see you, happy to do all we can to help you have a brilliant holiday with us. Newlands will still have amazing countryside views and well-kept grounds. Will still have a happy team who cannot wait to get back to a new normal with all our regular and new guests.
The sparkling blue sea the brilliant beaches the fantastic Jurassic Coast is all unchanged it is waiting for you. The fossils on Charmouth beach are still waiting to be found. Lyme Regis Harbour is still here the fishing boats catching hand dived scallops, hake, sole, lobsters and crabs. It is all here on our doorstep.
The beautiful countryside is still here waiting for you to explore. The flowers and fauna are abundant. The wildlife and nature all around more evident . The nearby golf courses are open and outdoor attractions gearing up to open in late June or early July along with many shops and take away cafes .
What will be guaranteed is a warm welcome here at Newlands by the whole team who are waiting to go above and beyond to ensure you have a happy healthy safe enjoyable holiday with us. That is what Newlands is good at .
At the moment we are only taking bookings for our self-catering accommodation and your own self-contained touring units that have their own onboard toilet/shower facilities. If you already have a tent booking with us we will be in touch a week before your arrival date with the latest updates.
Our cancelation policy and balance of holiday payment details have been adjusted for direct bookings with Newlands Holiday Park, this does not include travel agents slightly during this unprecedented time.
Therefore if the Government say we cannot open or implement travel restrictions you can change the date of your holiday have a credit note or a refund.
If you or a member of your party have Covid you can change the date of your holiday, have a credit note or have a refund up to 24 hours before arrival.
Balances of your holiday will be due 7 days before arrival. If you are arriving before 11th July we will be in contact with you when we have a confirmed opening date from Boris and his gang which we are really hoping will be the 4th of July.
Hope to see you soon for a great holiday at Newlands.
Rex, Jackie, Family and Team
Once we are open
We will be following all Goverment guidelines.
We will open when the Goverment says it is safe to do so. We have currently opened our online bookings from July 25th but we hope to be open sooner if we can.
All staff will be retrained in new cleaning and sanitising routines.
We are unsure at this time what facilities besides self contained accomodation will be available.
We are mindful of our local environment, population, NHS workers and hospitals. Therefore guests will be given advise on social distancing and how to look after and be respectful of everyone when out and about in the local community.
Over bank holiday we were visited by Rabbits, Peasants, Foxes and Deer which roam the countryside freely in the South West.
Government instruction for Holiday Parks and Holiday Home Owners remains the same. We are closed and you are unable to visit the Park or your Holiday Home.
We hope there may be more detail in the coming days regarding when we can open again. Rest assured we want to open as soon as we can. We hope to re-open our online bookings soon so keep an eye on the web Site for the latest information.
Holiday Parks in the main have plenty of space to enable good social distancing and when we can open the bar and club these too have the space for the 2 metre rule. We have onsite facilities which means there is no need for any overloading of general shops and stores of the towns and villages .
Stay fit healthy and happy as we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Newlands as soon as we can.
The sea is warming up . The beaches are looking very inviting the countryside is green full of nature spring flowers blossom and bird song. The coast and countryside side has never looked so good.
Rex, Jackie and Family
The park, shop and all facilities are closed due to unprecedented current events. We have contacted all those that have bookings with us arriving before 21st May. If the park remains closed after this we will contact guests on a week by week basis.
All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are busy dealing with the immediate situation so please be patient.
To all our Privately Owned Caravan Owners and Seasonal Pitches
Unfortunately, we have today had to close the Park due to new Government guidelines.
You can NOT stay in your caravan at this time. We will be in contact when we have more concrete information. However, rest assured we will be maintaining Newlands to the usual high standard.
We are at this time unable to answer phone calls or messages via social media. Therefore, all enquires must be made via email email@example.com
These are unprecedented events and our priority is to the safety and well-being of our staff their families and yourselves.