PLEASE READ ALL GENERAL INFORMATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BOOKING
It is your responsibility to ensure your booking details are correct, as it may not be possible to rectify any errors at a later date.
Ensure any special requests are made clear at the time of booking and noted on your reservation/confirmation receipt.
Bookings can be made either by telephone at 01297 560259 – or online at www.newlandsholidays.co.uk. Our friendly team are ready to take your calls and assist you with any further information or advice.
A Minimum deposit of £50 per week or 20% of your total balance is required when booking, or the total balance if the charge is less than £50 or the holiday start date is within 28 days of arrival. The full balance is due 28 days before arrival. Deposits are not refundable - see cancellation plan. We no longer accept cheques.
We reserve the right to alter prices without further notice due to circumstances beyond our control. We reserve the right to make unavoidable changes to your booking due to circumstances beyond our control.
All young single-sex or mixed parties must seek prior approval from Newlands & may be charged a security deposit in cash on arrival.
No refunds are given except under the terms of the Cancellation Cover. We therefore cannot emphasise too strongly the wisdom of taking advantage of this plan. The cost is £25 per unit per week for 2024 bookings to be paid with a deposit. We are unable to add a cancellation plan after your booking has been confirmed for 24 hours.
We guarantee that this payment protects you up to 48 hours before your holiday commences, against loss of monies already paid (excluding Cancellation Cover) due to redundancy, jury service, accident, injury, illness or death of any member of your party or close relative. (Supporting evidence e.g. Doctor’s Certificate, Redundancy Notice is required). If you are not taking out our Cancellation Cover, we strongly advise you to ensure you take your holiday cancellation insurance.
We can no longer offer our Cancellation Cover for group bookings and strongly advise you to take out your cancellation insurance as refunds cannot be given.
CANCELLATIONS AND ALTERATIONS
Once we have confirmed your booking, administration fees of £30 will apply should you require us to amend or re-invoice your booking for any reason. If you need to cancel your booking, please telephone us immediately. Any amendments are subject to availability and at the park owners discreation. To give Newlands the chance to re-sell your booked holiday, changes should be made no less than 4 weeks prior to arrival, supporting evidence maybe requested for these changes. Changes due the the weather are not possible.
We will discuss your options at the time if you need to change a booking. Please note that all requests to change your booking must be made by the same person who made the booking.
If changes are not possible and you do not want to keep your original booking, it would be considered a cancellation, therefore all paid monies would be lost.
Refunds are only available with our Cancellation Cover.
Authority for the Park is vested in the Park Manager. They are responsible for the smooth running of the Park and the welfare of its occupants. In this connection he is empowered to refuse entry to or the use of the park by any person who in his opinion is not able to take charge, and should he consider it necessary request the removal of any person, caravan, tent or vehicle.
Newlands is a Family Park and we want everyone to enjoy their stay. To ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment, please observe these simple park rules.
- A 10-mile per-hour speed limit is enforced throughout the park and guests are expected to comply with this rule to ensure a safe environment for everyone.
- We cannot accept banned dog breeds and owners must comply with this. Including Pit Bull Terrier, Japanses Torsa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brazillero and American XL Bully.
- Always keep dogs on leads and exercise them in the dog walking area only.
- Do not leave rubbish unattended outside. Recycle where possible.
- Do not play music or create excessive noise after 10 pm or before 8 am, park quiet time is 10:30 pm.
- Pit or open fires are not allowed.
- BBQs must be off the ground. Ensure all coals are fully extinguished before disposal.
- Gazebos, event tents or any such shelter are not permitted during high season.
- Use the sinks provided in the toilet areas for washing up and laundry.
- The electrical supply to hookups is 10 amps and will not run household appliances.
- Charging of electric vehicles is only permitted at the charging point outside the leisure complex near the yellow field.
- Clotheslines are not permitted.
- Please confine ball games to the recreational areas provided.
- All buildings and accommodations are non-smoking.
- Only food and drink purchased on-site can be consumed in the complex.
- No supermarket deliveries are accepted in the park. Please support local!
- Be respectful to our staff and your fellow holidaymakers
- Remote working or any form of employment outside of RJI Leisure is not permitted from Newlands Holidays or while staying, without prior approval.
- No streaming services can be installed or used onto or into accommodation. No streaming services can be used anywhere onsite without written prior consent from RJI Leisure. This includes smart doorbells.
All accommodation at Newlands is Non-Smoking.
WiFi is available over most of the park. This allows you to browse the internet and send and receive emails. We continue to invest heavily in this service however as Newlands is on a hillside with lots of trees and shrubs, and with many guests logging in at the same time the service may not be as you have at home.
Any complaint you have with any aspect of your holiday should be reported to reception as soon as possible so that we can resolve the problem. We will try our very best to help you enjoy your stay.
Any items of lost property will be held in reception for one month after departure, if not claimed within one month the items will either be donated to charity or if unsuitable, disposed of.
Only a few caravans are pet friendly, therefore if bringing a dog ensure you book early and specify to reception. Pets are not allowed in any other hired accommodation. Please telephone to ensure we have a pet-friendly unit available. Dogs must be kept strictly on a lead and exercised in the dog walk provided. They must not be left unattended in units or on pitches. A maximum of 2 dogs are permitted in any pet-friendly unit, including touring. The extra charge is included.
BIKES & ELECTRIC POWERED VEHICLES
Newlands is classed as a public place, therefore due to recent changes in legalisation the road traffic act applies. This means any powered vehicle regardless of size or speed requires 3rd party RTA insurance in place and the driver needs a licence before it can be used in the Park. The legal and insurance implications involved with battery-powered go kart-type vehicles mean that they cannot be used at Newlands and children will be stopped from riding any powered vehicle. Children are welcome to ride bicycles around the Park however it is your responsibility that they do so competently and safely and are aware of other traffic. Electric Cars and vehicles of any kind may not be charged using Newlands Power supply (except at the designated car charging point) failure to comply will result in you being asked to leave the park with no refund.
Facility opening times and days are subject to change due to unforeseen staff shortages or if routine maintenance must be carried out. Any necessary disruption will be kept to a minimum.
On-site spar shop open March – November
Tow Bar and Restaurant is open March – November, may close occasionally mid-week during low season, check times on arrival.
All children under 7 years of age must be adequately supervised by an adult when attending the entertainment complex. Children under 15 must be supervised in the soft play area and the game zone.
Indoor Pool, Sauna and Gym are open year-round.
The leisure centre is chargeable. Pool temp ranges from 26C to 30C. The outdoor pool opens from May to early September.
Non-swimmers and children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a responsible adult in the swimming pools. During very busy periods an hour restriction will be placed on the swimming pools to ensure adequate turnover of guests able to swim. It is requested that children under 3 years and non-toilet-trained guests wear swim nappies.
Bookwhen conditions apply - if swimming is booked incorrectly or swimmers do not turn up, this will give Newlands Holidays the right to cancel or refuse future swim sessions. Newlands Holidays may seek payment for incorrect bookings and no-shows. See the facilities page on the website for more details.
Accommodation must be left clean and tidy for the incoming tenants and all breakages reported to reception.
Bed linen and towels are provided, apart from caravans where you will need to supply your own towels and tea towels.
Only one car per unit. Additional cars must be parked in the car park.
The number of persons including babies must not exceed the number of persons the accommodation is designed for.
Units are not serviced during your stay, you can request clean towels or fresh bedding from reception and cleaning supplies are available.
Unfortunately, we do not offer late check-outs in accommodation.
Motel Rooms are situated on the 1st floor (no lift). All have TV and tea and coffee making facilities, a toaster, microwave and mini fridge. Rooms are situated above our entertainment complex, therefore, some noise may be heard.
Apartments There are nine studio apartments situated in a quiet corner of the park. A special studio unit is available for partially abled guests.
Large Studio room with kitchenette & double bed, a separate twin bedroom, shower room & toilet.
We also have six 2-bedroom fully self-catered poolside apartments overlooking the outdoor pool. A double room, a twin bedroom, shower room and toilet with full kitchen.
All apartments have a TV, fridge, toaster, kettle, microwave, (full cooker in Poolsides), and four ring hob in Studio.
Caravans are 6 berths, with space for one car. A double room, a twin room and sofa bed TV, fridge, cooker with oven, microwave, shower and outside seating. You will need to bring towels and tea towels.
Lodges have a master with a double bed and en suite, and two twin rooms (apart from Key West which has two double rooms). TV, fridge, cooker with oven, microwave, shower.
You will need to bring towels and tea towels.
All touring pitches are allocated on the morning of arrival. Therefore we are unable to reserve pitches, however, requests can be made for the warden when he does his morning round.
Arrival time for touring is from 11 am. Departure time for touring is by 10.30 am otherwise a further night’s charge may be incurred.
During low season, late checkouts for touring may be available, especially in very wet conditions.
Gazebos, sunshades, event tents, loo tents or similar are not permitted during high season.
Maximum unit size for Tourers 8m, Motor Homes 7.5m,
Standard size for Tents (high season) 7m x 4.5m. We have a limited amount of space for super size tents up to 10m x 8m these can only be booked by phone stating the exact tent size at the time of booking. No refunds for any wrong size are given.
No commercial vehicles are allowed.
Only one car per unit, any additional cars will be charged for and must park in the car park. Dogs and pup tents are also an additional charge.
Pup tents can only be arranged with reception, this is a very small 2-man dome tent max 2x2 meters with no extra porches, flaps etc for a max of 2 children from the same immediate family with 1 tent no bigger than 7 x 4 meters and 1 car max 6 people in the party.
Serviced pitches are grass with a 10 amp electric hook-up.
We have hardstanding pitches with 16 amp hook-ups for caravans and motorhomes.
Premium pitches are hard standing with 16 amp electric, water and drainage.
Standard pitches are all grass without electricity.
1. Newlands Holiday Park shall not be liable for any loss or damage to any property, including motor vehicles and motorcycles and the like, however, caused, resulting from or caused by negligence, wilful act, omission or otherwise of Newlands Holiday Park or individual Companies operating on the Holiday Park, their servants, agents or concessionaires, or of guest, residents, occupiers or invitees.
2. Neither Newlands Holiday Park nor any individual Company operating on the Holiday Park, nor any subsidiary or associated Company thereof shall be liable for any death, injury, loss or damage, directly or indirectly sustained by or occasioned to any person (including persons under the age of 18 years) save insofar as such death or injury results from the negligence of the said Newlands Holiday Park, or the individual Company operating on the Holiday Park or any associated or subsidiary Company thereof as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1997.
Access Statement for partially abled guests. The access statement is available to view online, or if you prefer we can post a copy.